Re: [Exim] burst detector

Top Pagina
Auteur: Yann Golanski
Aan: Smith, A.D.
CC: Exim-Mailing-List
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] burst detector
On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 09:53:15AM -0000, Smith, A.D. wrote:
> I'm pretty sure this isn't possible, but just in case,

Everything is possible, our sales staff said so, it must be true...

> we have a computer on the network (a Macintosh) which every 4-6 months
> decides that it wants to repeat e-mailing ... it sends thousands of copies
> of the original e-mail per minute, is there any way to restrict the number
> of e-mails sent per minute from a particular user, or, more importantly,
> alert the systems admin team based on frequency?

Sounds like a configuration error on the Mac. It should be easy to fix
provided you actully have a clue in Macs (I don't ;)

Try a newsgroup?

--
Dr Yann Golanski                                      Senior Developer
         Please use PGP: http://www.kierun.org/pgp/key-planet