Re: [Exim] Logging

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Warren Baker
Cc: Yann Golanski, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Logging
On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, Warren Baker wrote:

> Very true. I was just thinking it would be a lot easier to search through
> a db than log files when you are trying to reference a date months ago.

An aside for UK users: We had a ruling from the Data Protection Registrar
that mail logs are personal data. So you have to manage them in
accordance with the Data Protection Act, and in particular, you have to
allow users access to their own data on request, as laid down in the
Act. To avoid all the complications that this would involve, we destroy
our logs after 28 days. This has proved a nuisance once or twice, but
not nearly as much of a nuisance as having to find all the references
for one user over, say, a year's worth of log.