Re: [Exim] SMTP out with PAM authentication, Debian

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: jens-ingo brodesser
A: Dave C.
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP out with PAM authentication, Debian
At 17:30 -0500 1/12/00, you wrote:

>On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, jens-ingo brodesser wrote:
>
>> At 11:06 -0500 1/12/00, you wrote:
>>
>> >Actually, it has more to do with the "unknown condition pam" - my guess
>> >would be that the exim binary you are using wasn't compiled with pam
>> >support. (pam is "pluggable authentication modules" - used extensively
>> >by RedHat, and I think Solaris. Either way, its a library for which
>> >suport must be compiled into exim in order to use it)
>>
>> that doesn't seem to be the problem, i already asked the debian
>> package maintainer :
>
>Re-read the error-message. Its says "Cant authenticate - unkknown
>condition pam".. The exim binary you are using doesn't understand pam,
>regardless of what the debian package maintainer says.

thank you for insisting on the log message and the binary as such.
the authentication works now. i had to comment out the directive :

#never_users = root

and add these :

exim_user = root
exim_group = mail

the authentication didn't take place because exim was running with
paranoid uid which isn't allowed to read the password files

--
-jens-ingo
--

--
please use PGP when replying to this message.