Re: [Exim] Canned clue?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Tabor J. Wells
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Canned clue?
On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 09:58:01PM +0530,
Suresh Ramasubramanian <mallet@???> is thought to have said:

> Tabor J. Wells rearranged electrons thusly:
>
> [quoting a clueless admin with terminal recto-cranial inversion]
>
> > > Sir, our mail server has been setup this way for 3 years and this is
> > > the first time anyone has said anything to us about this. I see no
> > > reason to change the way we operate because one mail server has a
> > > problem with ours.
>
> > *sigh*
>
> Tabor : Was this a 'doze MTA (NTMail or iMail, most likely)? We've been
> seeing several of these - and I can't firewall that $^$#^^$# box, much as I'd
> like to (it keeps bouncing bounces - but belongs to an important business
> associate).

No it wasn't NTMail or IMail's stupid default settings. MDaemon 3.5.0
explicitly configured that way:

SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<> SIZE=3541

SMTP<< 550 Sorry, this server is configured to refuse this sort of mail (to combat the SPAM problem)

> *sigh* just about says it all :(
>
> Any workaround for this? Such as, for example, a script to kill double
> bounces like this?

The options previously mentioned. I generally try to contact sites with
the canned response just because I'd like to see them fixed. And most of
them are appreciative (when they respond). This guy just irked the hell
out of me.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality