Re: [Exim] Canned clue?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Tabor J. Wells
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Canned clue?
On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> And unfortunately it doesn't even help sometimes. My most recent attempt
> at educating the clueless met with resounding failure:

> And when I tried to inform him that he was doing his users a disservice
> by blocking bounce messages destined to him, and wasn't actually doing
> anything to block spam with this:
>
> > Sir, our mail server has been setup this way for 3 years and this is
> > the first time anyone has said anything to us about this. I see no
> > reason to change the way we operate because one mail server has a
> > problem with ours.

It was about three years ago that I noticed that a major ISP in France was
doing that, and I had users who had their mail automatically forwarded
there (so that's how I noticed). On my complaint (cc-ed to the user in
question) the postmaster at the ISP did change their policy.

If you really want to persue this, create a web page designed for
end-users of that (or other sites with similar policies). Include your
correspondence quoted above. Then every time you get you have a rejected
bounce message hanging about for this reason, alert the end user. That is
the use who is not getting error reports.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html