Re: [Exim] forcing bounced mail + directing unknown mail to …

Author: Rejo Zenger
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] forcing bounced mail + directing unknown mail to postmaster
++ 28/11/00 08:54 +0000 - Philip Hazel:
>> >on it.
>>
>> That's what i have found in the manual as well :-). However, in the past
>> only one address in the Envelope-To address appeared and, since changing
>> these directors, i get two?
>
>You will get two if two addresses result in a single delivery. This
>usually happens when two different addresses alias to the same thing.

I have been told before, still i don't understand what is happening
exactly. When i have this director in my configuration as smartuser:

  luser_relay:
    driver = smartuser
    new_address = rejo@???

i'll have only one address in the Envelope-To field. No problem. But
when i replace the above with:

  luser_relay:
    driver = smartuser
    local_parts = "^(4[0-9]{9,}(f|r|m|a)|(sc|or)[0-9]{9,})\.rejo"
    new_address = rejo@???

  luser_relay_n_bounce:
    driver = smartuser
    unseen = true
    new_address = rejo@???

_any_ incoming email to local users will have two addresses in the
Envelope-To. And that's a thing i don't understand. Mail to users that
exist (and are not aliases) also have double address in the Envelope-To
field. That's where i don't understand your answer. Email to existing
and not-aliased users should not be handled differently when changing
the smartuser setup, or am i taken wrong at this point?

    -Rejo.

--
= rejo@???       PGP: see headers        http://www.sisterray.nl