Re: [Exim] Exim problem

Author: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Darázs Csaba
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim problem
On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, [iso-8859-2] Darázs Csaba wrote:

> I have a big problem. I can't setup a virtual domain.
>
> I setup this:
>
> User1.1@???    Balazs Kis
> User1.2@???    Eszter Nagy
> User1.3@???    Joe Montana

> User2.1@???    Csaba Wasp

Dear Mr. Wasp, ;-)

There are a few things I don't understand about your set up.

What are the objects on the right hand side. Are they supposed to be
email addresses? They don't look like email addresses.

What sort of directors have you set up? Could you post those and say what
isn't working.

There are two approaches (actually there are many other decisions to
consider as well) for virtual addresses. Do you want them all in one big
file, or do you want a separate file for each virtual domain? Both are
easy to do with exim. And, I believe, that there are examples of both
among the example configurations on the web site.

PS:

> User2.3@???    George Big

A better translation for Nagy György would be "George Grand" or "George
Large". "Big" is almost never used as a name.

> Csaba Darazs

Cheers,

Aranyhegyi Jeffrey

--