Re: [Exim] syslog

Author: Jan Schreckenbach
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] syslog
robert rotman wrote:
> as far as i know syslogd cannot change the facility.
> my problem is that i'v 1 loghost and many hosts loggiong there.
> because there are many exim-mailhosts (which ar all logging with the
> same facillity) i try to devide these logfiles.
> e.g: 1. mailhost logs to local1, 2. mailhost logs to local2....

Hi,

but you have only 7 local facilities, AFAIK. I would rather
use the same facility for all hosts and divide the entries
by the hostname field. This could be done by a external
program (there are some available, I guess).

cu,
Jan

--
Jan Schreckenbach                      email: Jan.Schreckenbach@???
SAP AG Walldorf/Baden, Germany         Phone: +49 6227  7-47474

SAP LinuxLab support address: linux@???