Re: [Exim] host_reject influences DNS-checks?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Sascha E. Pollok
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: [Exim] Message size limit / multiple transports
Subject: Re: [Exim] host_reject influences DNS-checks?
On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Sascha E. Pollok wrote:

> here is some problem. Whenever I set a host_reject
> configuration-command to block SMTP traffic from a
> specific host (e.g. host_reject = 192.168.10.10)
> EXIM does also start to check reverse-DNS setups for
> every host that connects to the MTA. Why that?

You haven't really got

host_reject = 192.168.10.10

have you? You have got something like

host_reject = *.some.domain

or

host_reject = lsearch;/some/file

Those require the use of a host name, so Exim has to look it up. Read
the section on host lists.