Re: [Exim] Delivering mails into a IMAPD-mailbox

Author: Jim Tittsler
To: Oliver Fischer
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Delivering mails into a IMAPD-mailbox
On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 01:40:58PM +0100, Oliver Fischer wrote:
> I would like to deliver the mails of some users via imapd with
> this filter

I suspect there are several ways to do this. One way would be:

> local_delivery:

Rename this transport imap_delivery so it is distinct from the
standard local_delivery.
>        driver          = pipe
>        command         = "/usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver

[...]
> How could I do this. I would like to do this by managing a file
> with the names of all users which are imap-users....

And then add a director before the normal localuser director
that searches your file of imap-users and uses the
imap_delivery transport if appropriate.

imap_user:
driver = smartuser
local_parts = lsearch:/etc/exim/imap-users
transport = imap_delivery

(If the imap-users file gets large, you may want to
investigate using a dbm or cdb lookup instead of lsearch.)

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo
Python Starship     http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/