[Exim] Washington mbx again

Author: Sujit Choudhury
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Washington mbx again
Can anybody tell me all or some of the following things about MBX
format mailboxes on Unix machines used with EXIM MTA:

1. Is it possible to share individual folder (not all the folders of
one person)?
2. Is it possible to share INBOX?
3. If the server crashes when the mail delivery is in progress, then
what happens? Does the INBOX/folder gets corrupted? Does the index
gets corrupted? Are there any utility which should be run after a
server crash?
4. Is it easy to deliver mail directly to user's home area?
5. How much memory is needed? For example in the case of mbox format
the whole INBOX has to be read when it first starts and requires large
amount of swap space. Can I assume that in the case MBX format only
the index of the INBOX will be loaded in the memory?
6. If MBX format does allow sharing, and 3 people are reading the
INBOX and each deleting E-Mails, then whether the action takes place or
gives an error?

Thanks in advance.

Sujit

Sujit Choudhury