[Exim] sender_verify and mail-abuse.net

Author: Gary Shine
To: exim-users
CC: Martin Cooper
Subject: [Exim] sender_verify and mail-abuse.net
With this on all external mail is rejected with unknown local part in domain

Should it be switched off ??

It seems it is only relevant when all the users are sending to you from accounts/users you know which exist on the exim mail server ????

Sounds a bit like a choco fire guard :-)) I m sure I have misunderstood.

Please clarify

Also exim fails test 8 when I telnet to mail-abuse.net - Any ideas ?

:Relay test: #Test 7
>>> mail from: <spamtest@???>

<<< 501 <spamtest@???>: domain literals not allowed
>>> rset

<<< 250 Reset OK
:Relay test: #Test 8
>>> mail from: <spamtest@???>

<<< 250 warning: unknown local-part in sender address <spamtest@???.
net>
>>> rcpt to: <nobody%mail-abuse.org@???>

<<< 250 <nobody%mail-abuse.org@???> is syntactically correct
>>> QUIT

<<< 221 atlantic.nslnet.net closing connection
Tested host banner: 220 atlantic.nslnet.net ESMTP ready at Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:4
4:09 +0000

System appeared to accept 1 relay attempts
Connection closed by foreign host.
thx
Gary