[Exim] Windows 2000 ldap services with exim?

Author: D.M.Chapman
To: Exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Windows 2000 ldap services with exim?
We currently have a project running to move to windows 2000 (users need
start menus that fade in and out :-) and I have been given the task of
looking into the ldap services that active directory provides.

Has any one done any thing like this? In particualar, the distribution
lists that can be set up (they claim to need exchange but if they can
be got at via ldap.....)

Ideally, we would like to replace our current mail tables (dbm databases)
with the active directory stuff - removing one more database from our
systems and also opening up other search methods via ldap.

Of course, this all assumes that Windows2000 ldap is not MSLdap(tm) in
some broken way - any views?

Any pointers to ldap resources would be useful as well - I currently
know nothing about it!!!!

Cheers,

Darren

--