[Exim] First cut of code for 3.20 release - testers wanted

Author: Philip Hazel
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] First cut of code for 3.20 release - testers wanted
I have decided that the time has come to pull together a new release of
Exim, which will be numbered 3.20. Development has stopped while I work
on the large update which is needed to the manual. I have placed the
first cut of the code (currently numbered 3.168) in

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/exim-snapshot.tar.gz

The file doc/NewStuff contains everything that has been added since the
3.10 manual was published. Over the next few weeks, while I work on the
documentation, I'd be grateful if peole could test this new code, so
that I can fix any bugs and infelicities before the proper release,
which I want to do early in December if possible.

Since the 3.167 testing release, I have added some new goodies that I
know several people want, including:

* At Long Last!!! The ability to rewrite header lines at transport time.

* SMTP callbacks in verification - expensive, but I know some small
sites might like this.

* The ability to lookup up "filter files" from databases - by allowing
the text to be quoted inline instead of read from a file.

There are a number of other things too. As always, the Wish List never
gets emptied, but I hope I've covered some of the more important areas.

Philip