[Exim] solved: dbfn_ (chroot exim)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: V. T. Mueller
A: exim-users
Temas nuevos: [Exim] 8 bit characters in plain text ail
Asunto: [Exim] solved: dbfn_ (chroot exim)
On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, V. T. Mueller wrote:
> On a HP-UX 11.0 system I need to chroot() exim, not that I think it needs
> to be chrooted but because a chrooted process needs to send mail.

Hello everybody,

well, first of all many thanks to Mark Baker and Julian King for their
replies. I solved the problem last night, and in fact what I did was more
or less what Julian suggested: tusc (trace).

I also had taken a look on ssmtp and decided that it´s not usable for me
(I need header rewriting locally). Then I tusc´ed both the regular as well
as the jailed exim. A diff of the output revealed that I had been digging
around for imaginary causes where the problem in fact was of a most simple
nature - I did forget to copy /etc/resolv.conf :|

Kind regards,
Volker

--
V. T. Mueller      UCC Freiburg, Germany     vtmue (at) uni-freiburg.de

                   "A poor workman blames his tools."