Re: [Exim] Problem with procmail director

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problem with procmail director
On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 02:02:03PM -0500,
Peter Radcliffe <pir@???> is thought to have said:

> "Tabor J. Wells" <twells@???> probably said:
> > I've got a new POP/IMAP server running NIS+, Solaris 7, with NFS-mounted
> > user home directories and Exim v3.16. The user has a .procmailrc in their
> > home directory. When my procmail director is called, it returns EACCES
> > because uid exim (30) can't see the .procmailrc:
> >
> > directing user@???
> > calling procmail director
> > require_files = user:/users/user/.procmailrc
> > require files uid=30 gid=30 euid=30 egid=30
> > test existence of /users/user/.procmailrc
> > required present, EACCES => unknown
> > Permission denied
> > restored uid=30 gid=30 euid=30 egid=30
> > procmail director deferred user
> > message: file existence defer in procmail director: Permission denied
>
> Is this happening at verification time or delivery ?
>
> I had a problem with .forward and .procmailrc files at verification
> time when exim was running as user exim and couldn't change to the
> appropriate user to check the existance of files.
>
> P.

Good point. Verification time.

Oh and FWIW, nothing gets logged when this occurs. The POP/IMAP server
gives a:

451 Cannot check <user@???> at this time - please try later

back to the sender but doesn't log anything useful about this fact
locally.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality