[Exim] dbfn_ (chroot exim)

Author: V. T. Mueller
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] dbfn_ (chroot exim)
Hello,

On a HP-UX 11.0 system I need to chroot() exim, not that I think it needs
to be chrooted but because a chrooted process needs to send mail.

Now I'm stuck at: (-d9 output)

[..]
opened DB file /var/spool/mail/db/retry: flags=102
uni-freiburg.de in *? yes (*)
retry for R:uni-freiburg.de = *
dbfn_read: key=R:uni-freiburg.de
Writing retry data for R:uni-freiburg.de
first failed=973695808 last try=973695808 next try=973696708 expired=0
error -1 0: host lookup did not complete
dbfn_write: key=R:uni-freiburg.de
end of retry processing
time on queue = 0s
warning counts: required 0 done 0
delivery deferred: update_spool=1 header_changed=0
Writing spool header file
# Size of headers = 255
end delivery of 13tWl6-0006xk-00

I did of course put libndbm.2 insise the jail, devices and such should be
ok either. At least mysql and apache run fine.

# chatr /opt/exim/bin/exim
/opt/exim/bin/exim:
         shared executable
         shared library dynamic path search:
             SHLIB_PATH     disabled  second
             embedded path  disabled  first  Not Defined
         shared library list:
             dynamic   /usr/lib/libndbm.2
             dynamic   /usr/lib/libc.2
         shared library binding:
             deferred
         global hash table disabled
         plabel caching disabled
         global hash array size:1103
         global hash array nbuckets:3
         shared vtable support disabled
         static branch prediction disabled
         executable from stack: D (default)
         kernel assisted branch prediction enabled
         lazy swap allocation disabled
         text segment locking disabled
         data segment locking disabled
         third quadrant private data space disabled
         fourth quadrant private data space disabled
         data page size: D (default)
         instruction page size: D (default)

I also have a truss output, but I guess this mail will be big enough
without it :/

Maybe someone has done this before and may share his experinces(?)

TIA,
Volker
--
V. T. Mueller      UCC Freiburg, Germany     vtmue (at) uni-freiburg.de

                   "A poor workman blames his tools."