Re: [Exim] sender_verify, lookuphost MX and A records

Author: Greg A. Woods
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] sender_verify, lookuphost MX and A records
[ On Tuesday, November 7, 2000 at 11:10:56 (-0500), Dave C. wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] sender_verify, lookuphost MX and A records
>
> Personally, I would love to mandate MX records for all mail.
> Unfortunately, the Internet is way past any possibility of
> realistically expecting such full RFC compliance (on that and any
> number of more important matters as well), so I permit MX or A records
> for remote domains.

I look at it the other way around: Despite nearly 20 years of cajoling
and other pressure tacticts there are still some sticks in the mud who
will not be budged even though their soon going to rot off in the middle!
None of them can send me e-mail, and I don't find that a big loss. Some
of them do still run some pretty big and important domains though so one
can't quite yet do away with them at any ISP site.

Someday maybe RFC 974 will be deprecated.

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>; Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>