Re: [Exim] Long lookup time

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marcin Owsiany
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Long lookup time
On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Marcin Owsiany wrote:

> > Try running with -d11 instead of -d9; this will give you the DNS resolver
> > debugging output as well.
>
> Hmm.. it doesn't seem to give more DNS debug data then -d9 did. (Neither
> does -d20 or -d200).

Oops, sorry, my mistake. That turns on debugging for lookups that Exim
does directly. When it is looking up up hostnames, it calls gethostbyname()
and so it can't do this.

Perhaps you can use the equivalent option in /etc/resolv.conf, though of
course if you are on a live system that might not be possible...