Re: [Exim] How unique are exim queue msg IDs?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Dave C.
Cc: Phil Pennock, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] How unique are exim queue msg IDs?
On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Dave C. wrote:

> I will add a somewhat less exact, but simpler answer. I would
> reasonably trust the exim spool ID to be unique for each message handle
> by exim, even in a high-traffic situation. (It might even be possible
> that it is guaranteed to be unique, but I would reserve the right to
> make such guarantees to PH10 [The author of exim, in case you werent
> aware])

I guarantee it, provided that (a) you don't ever set the clock backwards
and (b) your operating system doesn't re-use a process ID within one
second. The uniqueness depends on a combination of time and receiving
process id. Even if time goes backwards, or a process id is re-used
within one second, you would still need an Exim receiving process to get
that same re-used id for there to be duplication.