Re: [Exim] How unique are exim queue msg IDs?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: The Flying Hamster
To: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] How unique are exim queue msg IDs?
On Saturday 04 November 2000 04:10, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, The Flying Hamster wrote:
> > abusing other peopleOne thought is to
> >
> > [...] use the exim msg ID as a unique key, which naturally brings up
> > the question "is it unique"
>
> The ID that exim adds will be unique if
>     (a) You never set your machines clock back in time
>     (b) You do not have two instances of exim running on the same host.
>     (c) You aren't running on exim on multiple hosts which think that
>         they have the same name.

I think this counts as "unique enough" for my needs, particularly if I
combine the queue ID with the hostname of the server in question.