Re: [Exim] Hi, could your help me do this please ?

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Hi, could your help me do this please ?
Benj rearranged electrons thusly:

> - Have all emails anyname@??? forwarded to myhome@???
> Its a kind of catch all feature i would like.

Here's what I use (/home/popmail because my pop3 server runs chrooted)

popmail_onebox:
driver = appendfile
file = /home/popmail/var/spool/mail/${domain}
quota = 5M
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
file_must_exist
group = mail
allow_symlink
mode = 0660

> -I would like all system error message like mysql errors..... forwarded to
> myhome@???

These'd go to root, typically.

so add

 root:    your-username

> Also, how do I restart exim from telnet ? I tried /etc/init.d/exim restart
> but then I got an email saying unknown local-part "restart" in domain
> "mydomain"

Exim is most likely symlinked to sendmail on your box - try
/etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail restart and see ;)

exim restart means that exim tries to mail to a user called 'restart'

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + sureshr@???
Linux is like a Teepee - No Windows, No Gates, Apache Inside