[Exim] controlling inbound and outbound email

Author: Piergiorgio Spagnolatti
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] controlling inbound and outbound email
Hi guys,

    I'm new to the list, and in fact I never used exim before. This is my
problem: I need to set up my mta in a fashion that allows me to:

- act normally with internal mail. I mean that all mail coming from
mydomain.com and going to mydomain.com goes straight without further
inspection.
- Although, only some users should have access to internet mail, so I
want to allow only certain users to send and receive mail to/from the
internet (e.g. to/from domains different from mydomain.com), and also
want to block mail from/to users not allowed.

I think that this is done with the system filter (or whatever you call
it), in a way that I can have a file with the list of my
"internet-enabled" aliases, and make exim lookup this file for valid
addresses.

So, this would be the rules:

foobar@??? -> barfoo@???        ALLOW
customer@??? -> foobar@???        CHECK in allowed.aliases
foobar@???  -> customer@???        CHECK in allowed.aliases

If CHECK failes, reject the message with some SMTP Error code.

Your help would be really appreciated!

Bye,

|o                      Banca Popolare di Sondrio o|
|o                             Sistemi Innovativi o|
|o Piergiorgio Spagnolatti                        o|
|o tel: +39-0342-528587                  _   _   _o|
|o http://www.popso.it  _   _   _   _   / `-' `-' `.