Re: [Exim] Performance impact with filter file

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Philip_Khuu
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Performance impact with filter file
On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 11:04:07AM -0500, Philip_Khuu@??? wrote:
> I plan to implement "filter file" for some mail users of a particular domain (ex.
> anyone@???). Before implementing this,
> I really concern the performance impact on my exim server. Can someone tell me how
> big an impact is? Assume that users
> only send 10 messages out in very hour.
> Thank you.

Depends, the only thing that takes time in filters is to look through
the body of the message. The header generally fits quiet well in RAM and
is fast access. But you can limite that with message_body_visible
anyway.

If you have something like 10 message per hour per user and have only
1000 odd users. Then there will be no issues in running filters. If you
have 3 million users then, do you really trust them to run filters? ;>

--
        Please use PGP when replying to this message
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer