Re: [Exim] rcpt to takes up to 90 seconds

Author: Andrew D
To: Eddie McCreary, Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] rcpt to takes up to 90 seconds
stupid mail client was too quick :(

> So, the delay is not the result of a connection being made, however
> I guess it could be the result of a DNS timeout. But, I'm using this

possibly. Is it a big network? actually either way, just run a caching name
server, it'll help in more than one way.

> smarthost:
> driver = domainlist
> transport = remote_smtp
> route_list = "* smtp-server.houston.rr.com bydns_a"
> end

routers are only good after you have accepted the mail.
if its causing a delay on 'rcpt to' then unset
receiver_verify
as this verifys the recipients ie either domain is correct (mx or A rec) or
if the domain is local, whether the local part is valid, during the smtp
dialog.
This actually is basically(1) mentioned in the config file.
HTH
cya
Andrew

1. not in quite so many words :) however it is on the extensive
documentation on exims site.