Re: [Exim] quota_filecount

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Brian Candler
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] quota_filecount
On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Brian Candler wrote:

> Minor issue with quota_filecount: as far as I can tell, it must be set to an
> integer directly in the config file, unlike "quota" which lets you use an
> arbitary expression.
>
> So you can't say:
>
> quota_filecount = ${if match {QUOTA_EXPR}{([0-9]+)C}{$1}{}}
>
> I guess this is a designed-in feature :-)

Designed in by default/not-thought-about. People always want to so much
hairier things than my simple brain imagines. That's why I had it as a
simple integer. I cannot now remember, but I suspect that "quota" was
also a simple integer, until somebody wanted to do something fancier. I
should have picked up quota_filecount as well.

I take it this is a request for an extension?

Philip