Re: [Exim] Incoming mail lost without trace

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John W Baxter
A: exim-users@exim.org
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Incoming mail lost without trace
At 20:32 +0000 10/29/00, Zero Piraeus wrote:
>Just to let everyone who's offered any input know that my ISP have
>finally accepted that the fault is theirs. They had the CNAME entry set
>to the IP of an account I used to have with them a few months ago.

Er...what CNAME? If it is a name on the right side of an MX record in DNS,
it needs to be a real name (IN A) not a CNAME, to keep the world happy.
[It is set up wrong in many cases, leading to mutterings like this in logs
around the world:

"xxx.com IN MX" points to a CNAME (mail.xxx.com)

(Note...xxx.com exists...but in this case I changed the name to protect the
innocent.)

Your mail should work if the DNS is set up with a CNAME.

--John