Re: [Exim] Sending mail from anywhere

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Christian von Appen
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Sending mail from anywhere
On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Christian von Appen wrote:

> The big question is: How can I send mail from home, using user/password
> authentication?

Read about SMTP authentication in the Exim manual. Both the server and
the client have to be set up right for this.

> I'm rather new to this, so I apologize if a) this is trivial, or b) this
> is not possible. Reading the documentation since last week, I feel more
> confused every day :-)

Be aware of the problems of sending passwords over untrusted networks.
Do not use the same password that lets you login, especially if you have
to use encryption (e.g. ssh) to login. Or, at least, wait for the next
release of Exim, which supports encrypted SMTP connections - this
introduces a whole new set of ideas (what are certificates?) and
configuration requirements.