Re: [Exim] queuerunner

Autor: michael
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] queuerunner
> 12 lines of perl. And if your queue is empty, they start up, find no
> work and exit. No loss.

If your queue contains 50k messages who will be retried at some point in
the future or that are currently locked, the queue run will take some
ressources. I wouldn't want to have 100 parallel queue runners scan
that queue. That's why I suggested a delay between invocations and stop
starting queue runners if one reported that there is no more work.

All of that is a hack, though, if you always want to have up to a fixed
number of remote deliveries going on without wasting time scanning queues
for work.

Michael