Re: [Exim] Re: Untrusted users setting the return-path

Author: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Ian Jackson, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Untrusted users setting the return-path
On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, Philip Hazel wrote:

> [...] called "untrusted_set_sender", defaulting FALSE.

Yes, please. That is the correct default in my opinion.

Those who find that the problems of list management systems, webservers
etc and various users needing to use -f out weigh having controls on who
can use -f can change the default.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that sendmail at amazon.com doesn't have
trusted users set properly, and their mail always comes with a -f
authentication warning? I did report it to them a while ago.

Another BTW. The previous question is rhetorical. It really shouldn't be
a topic for discussion on this list.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg