Re: [Exim] Aliasing on a relay

Author: Nick O'Brien
To: Gordon Ross
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Aliasing on a relay
On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Gordon Ross wrote:
> I would like to do aliasing on a server which is just relaying mail around.
> By default, this doesn't work. I searched the mail archieves, and there
> was a theoretical suggestion on how to do it, but that was a while ago.
>
> Should I go back and try this old suggestion, or are there better newer ways
> of doings ?

What are you trying to achieve? We do this this on our mail relays to do
local address verification - we set a verify_only router with self=local
set to pass the email with local sender/recipients through verify_only
directors which use the same alias files, etc., as the central mail server
to make sure the local address is valid.

    Rgds.,

        Nick

"Animal? No worse - human!", Manny - "Runaway Train"
Nick O'Brien                        Phone: +44 118 931 8432
Computer Officer                    Email: N.G.J.OBrien@???
Reading University, UK              Web: http://www.rdg.ac.uk/~vis98ngo/