[Exim] Using perl in a router for lookups

Author: Gary Palmer
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Using perl in a router for lookups
Hi,

This may sound strange but is there a way to use the embeded perl
functionality to do aliasfile style lookups? It could be a very
powerful tool, and to be perfectly honest, although it may sound like
a performance hog at first, I don't believe it will be that bad
(although I obviously have no figures to back up that assumption since
I haven't figured out how to do it yet :) )

The primary reason for asking is that we have an in-house database for
real-time user provisioning which would be really easy to hook into
exim using perl (if we could get a perl-based director). We did it
for Auth SMTP and it works great. Without having perl directors
available, we'd have to go hack it into the C code, which would have
to be done each release, and is obviously more of a pain.

Thanks,

Gary