Re: [Exim] How exim to deliver mails to the mail boxes ?

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Neeraj Manral
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] How exim to deliver mails to the mail boxes ?
On Sat, 21 Oct 2000, Neeraj Manral wrote:

> Hello Everyone!
>
> i want exim to deliver mails to the mail boxes of the respective users

It does that by default in the default configuration.

> I am setting up linux box with exim which of the above three SUPPORT_MBX,
> SUPPORT_MAILDIR and/or SUPPORT_MAILSTORE should i include .

Most Linux systems come with UW-imap/popd, so ...

> My Q is Does exim take care of creating mailboxes for users so that when
> ever the pop in they recieve their mails

The default configuration of exim will deliver to Unix style mailboxes.
There can be read directly by the UW POP3 daemon.

If you read some of the past weeks' messages, you will find that a number
of people here are unhappy with the UW mail access daemons (I'm not among
them), but I would recommend that you read the archives.

> Suppose i do not set the any of the above ones (by default i hve not set any
> one of them )I am having problem in setting the pop server for
> linux.

Is mail getting delivered to /var/spool/mail/$USER on the mail server?

Can you read it with Pine run on that server?

If the answer is yes to both of those questions then your problems are
exclusively with your pop setup and have nothing to do with exim.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html