Re: [Exim] Strange rejects

Author: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Adrian Harris
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Strange rejects
On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Adrian Harris wrote:

> > Yup. Putting a wildcard in a host list causes a reverse lookup. How
> > else can Exim find the host name, in order to match against
> > *.exactis.com? RTFM about host lists.
>
> I had assumed it would spot the tail of the domain rom the HELO.

HELOs can be and are typically forged with spam.

If you want to reject based on HELO strings, that is a different matter.
(I'm not sure if exim provides a mechanism allowing you to reject during
the SMTP transaction for something in a HELO, but it could certainly be
done later with a filter).

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg