[Exim] SSL for Outgoing SMTP

Autor: vinaymohta
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] SSL for Outgoing SMTP
Hi,

I have looked through mailing list archives,
newsgroups, and documentation and have not
been able to clearly figure out the answer
to my question:

Does exim support SSL for outgoing smtp
connections?

I want to relay mail to my ISP's mail
server and if I don't do it over a dial-up
connection, I have to send the mail over SSL (port 465).
However, I can't figure out how to tell exim
to send out mail using SSL on 465. I noticed
that I could create a new transport and say
that the smtp port is 465, but how will that
accomplish SSL? I tried the CO27 patch for
stunnel and then realized later that it was
meant for incoming SMTP.

I'm using exim v3.12 (from the Debian release).

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Vinay