Re: [Exim] ldap and openldap-2.0.6

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Brian Candler
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] ldap and openldap-2.0.6
On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Brian Candler wrote:

> Minor patches to allow exim-3.16 to compile against openldap-2.0.6

Thanks. This is the second lot I've received! I haven't been able to do
anything about the first ones, because I couldn't get hold of a copy of
OpenLDAP 2.x. Has it now been released? When I looked before, you had
to fish the source out using cvs. I tried to install cvs on this Solaris
box in order to do that, but it barfed with compilation errors. So I
gave up, deciding to wait for the OpenLDAP release.

> So the attached patch uses the Netscape-style API calls.

The other patch does some more extensive re-working, ISTR, which gives
additional functionality, but I haven't looked closely.

When I eventually manage to get OpenLDAP 2.x running on my workstation,
and have the time (!) I'll look at both patches.

Regards,
Philip