Re: [Exim] Re: Untrusted users setting the return-path

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ian Jackson
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Untrusted users setting the return-path
Philip Hazel writes ("Re: [Exim] Re: Untrusted users setting the return-path"):
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > [ -f to be honoured regardless of trusted_users/groups. ]
> > Phil, is this a feature you're philosophically opposed to ?
>
> No. At least, not as an option in Exim. The Wish List contains:
>
> (160) 10-Jul-2000 T An option to consider all users trusted

That's not quite the same. That would allow all users to override all
of the usual message origin values, giving them the ability to
completely forge the first Received line (and presumably relevant log
entries too). I just want to let them set the envelope sender, but
NOT the values in Received, and I don't really mind either way about
Sender: (which has become useless most of the time nowadays).

> But I have not got round to doing anything about it yet. I hope to get
> some of the smaller Wish List things done before the next proper
> release, but time is rushing by.

You don't trust my patch then :-). Quite reasonable ...

Ian.