Re: [Exim] Re: Untrusted users setting the return-path

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Ian Jackson
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Re: Untrusted users setting the return-path
On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Ian Jackson wrote:

> > The new behaviour is supposed to be that -f and MAIL FROM (in SMTP
> > sessions) will now be honoured from all local users, regardless of
> > trusted_users/groups.
> >
> > NB that the patch makes this behaviour the default. I think this is
> > helpful because problems caused by (eg) mailing list programs not
> > being able to set their return path seem to outnumber problems caused
> > by programs using `-f' inappropriately.
>
> (The first patch I supplied was broken, and I posted a second, which I
> enclose.)
>
> Phil, is this a feature you're philosophically opposed to ?

No. At least, not as an option in Exim. The Wish List contains:

  (160) 10-Jul-2000 T  An option to consider all users trusted

  For simple systems with few users. Could this be trusted_users = *?

But I have not got round to doing anything about it yet. I hope to get
some of the smaller Wish List things done before the next proper
release, but time is rushing by.