Re: [Exim] Failing behviour based on SMTP codes.

Góra strony
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
Dla: Exim Users Mailing List
Temat: Re: [Exim] Failing behviour based on SMTP codes.
On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> I wouldn't configure such parallel servers in a way that would require
> extra hops from one or the other in the first place! :-)

If the boss believes in big iron and gives you one big mail server for
both your hub and your mail access, then you don't have a lot of choice.
You scrape together an MX back-up from left over machines that nobody else
has claimed. But you've got a situation where your primary MX is a final
destination for a lot of your mail.

Of course it would be better to have your mail access servers to be
separate, but that is not always possible.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html