Re: [Exim] Exim quotas & alias file options.

Author: Dave C.
To: John W Baxter
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim quotas & alias file options.
On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, John W Baxter wrote:

> At 15:33 -0400 10/17/00, Dave C. wrote:
> >'mailbox full' is cryptic???
> >
> >I mean, even extrapolating that to a post office box, 'mailbox full' is
> >still pretty clear..
>
> What's a mailbox? They are those things along the street or (worse) in
> neighborhood clusters, here in the states. [When I grew up, they were on
> the porch or slots in the door, and mail was delivered to them twice a day,
> except way out in the country. Sigh!]
>
> For a frighteningly large subset of "we have to get on the Internet"
> dialup, DSL, Cable, etc users, "mailbox full" is cryptic. So is "user
> unknown" or "unknown user" (or the many other ways that gets phrased).

If they are not intelligent enough to make the analogy to a postal
mailbox being 'full', then perhaps they should consider going back and
completing high school. How far do we have to 'dumb down' the Internet
to accomodate morons? Trying to povide tech support to people weaning
off of AOL is bad enough..