Re: [Exim] query about verifying aliases

Author: Peter Radcliffe
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] query about verifying aliases
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> probably said:
> If aliasfile generates just one address, verification doesn't stop,
> but goes on to verify the new address, and this continues for as long
> as single children are generated.
>
> I propose NOT to do this for forward files, because I think they are
> fundamentally different. Either they are personal files (which you
> aren't really interested in when verifying a local user - indeed, the
> default configuration has no_verify set) or they are mailing lists.

This is how I would like exim to behave, yes.

I'm assuming that "continues for as long as single children are
generated." would mean through more than one director ? I'm thinking
of the case where foo@??? is aliased (through a virtual domain
director) to fail@??? which is in system_aliases to :fail: -
would this give an immediate failure as I'd expect ?

P.

--
pir                  pir@???                    pir@???