Re: [Exim] Failing behviour based on SMTP codes.

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Failing behviour based on SMTP codes.
On 2000-10-17 at 23:23 +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian gifted us with:
> I've never liked TURN and ETRN, somehow ... and yeah - port 587 (smtp-auth)

(1) You don't have to like a technology, in order to use it.  I have no
    moral objections to TURN/ETRN, so would use them if forced to
(2) You can use _arbitrary_ ports if you control both the sender and the
    receiver.  On the receiver, have a "daemon_smtp_port = 26"; on the
    sender, use the "port" option to the SMTP transport used for
    relaying by the router handling mail to that host.

> > If I were an employee of a spook agency (post-brainwashing), I'd be
> > actively encouraging these sorts of technology developments.
>
> You know something? you are right ;)

I'd hope so, since I was commenting upon what _I'd_ do. I may be mostly
insane, but I'm not quite so insane as to completely mess up such a
statement. Yet.
--
Civilisation: where they cut down the trees and name streets after them.