Re: [Exim] Failing behviour based on SMTP codes.

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Yann Golanski
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Philip Hazel
Kopio: Theo E. Schlossnagle, exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Failing behviour based on SMTP codes.
On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 02:49:22PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> A Question For The List:
>
> This seems the Right Thing in the case when there's only one host
> involved. It is less obvious in the case where the domain routes to two
> hosts, and the first one that is tried gives one of these 5xx codes. Do
> you try the other host? With this new code Exim does not. This is the
> same behaviour as happens with a 5xx response to MAIL FROM or RCPT TO,
> and I think it's the right thing to do, but do you agree?

I have no problems with this. After all, a 5xx error is a full failure
and as long as the bounce does have an explanation, then why worry?

--
        Please use PGP when replying to this message
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer