Re: [Exim] error in configuration

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Neeraj Manral
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] error in configuration
On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 03:19:56PM +0530, Neeraj Manral wrote:
> Dear sir ,
> I have finally been able to install exim 3.16 .I am able to see all the
> tests successfully .My problem is that i do not know how do i configure it
> in linux(redhat 6.0).
> If any one has configured exim in linux 6.0 .can u please help me in
> answering ther following queries.
> BRIEF DETAIL AS TO WHAT I WANT TO DO
> I am wanting to set up exim 3.16 on a linux machine .Presently my mail
> server is running on sunnetra m/c.using netscape mail server .

Remove all traces of the old MTA you have on your system... and I do
mean ALL traces.

Then, type "make install" in the Exim dir. It will install a default
config file in /usr/exim/configure -- or wherever you told it to.

--
        Please use PGP when replying to this message
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer