[Exim] BSMTP setup question

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Martijn Grendelman
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] BSMTP setup question
Hi,

I hope someone can help me with the following: I'd like to reliably setup
mail for a system with a dynamic IP address and an unreliable cable
connection (let's call it Host A, running Exim on Linux). To do this, I can
use another system with a static IP and a reliable connection, elsewhere on
the internet (Host B, also running Exim). Eventually the mail has to be
delivered to Host C, which is on the internal network behind Host A, and is
running MS Exchange. So:

Internet ..........Internet / Internal ---------- Internal
Host B                  Host A                          Host C
static IP           dyn. IP / 10.0.0.x               10.0.0.x

- The MX record for the domain points to Host B
- The user database resides on Host C (Exchange)
- Mail transfer has to be initiated by Host A
- Host A should forward the mail directly to port 25 on Host C

General question: how would one set this up? My idea was to configure Exim
on Host B for BSMTP, make Host A retrieve the mail and relaying it to Host
C. The problem is that I don't fully understand how BSMTP works. What should
I do to make Host B hold the mail for the domain? I found some things in the
list archives, but not enough to make me understand what I'm doing. What do
I need on Host A besides Exim to retrieve the mail from Host B?

I hope someone can give me some clues. The Exim docs and the list archives
left me kind of clueless... I am not looking for detailed setup
instructions, just some pointers in the right direction....

Thanx,
Martijn.