Re: [Exim] Killing a misconfigured host.

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Yann Golanski
Para: Adrian Harris
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Killing a misconfigured host.
On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 09:52:48AM +0100, Adrian Harris wrote:
> Every day my server logs have multiple entries showing:
>
> rejected HELO from [192.147.174.218]:
> syntactically invalid argument(s): bog.lodo.exactis.com'
>
> These seem to come from various IP addresses.
>
> I presume Exim is complaining about the spurious ' on the end of
> the hostname ?

Yes, someone else who has met those idiots. *sigh* they are the ban of my life.

> BTW, emailing postmaster@??? fails due to a broken
> alias :-(

Yes, exactis is a rather broen bunch of spamers. We black holed them for
a loing while untill FT.com asked us to unblock them. they are
incompetant to the extreem.

I have put a formal request (as in lawyers and freeserve's lawyers) to
talk to them about this. Hopefully it will get fixed pretty soon.

--
        Please use PGP when replying to this message
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer