Re: [Exim] Copy of outgoing messages to other mail

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Michael Stevens
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim Users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Copy of outgoing messages to other mail
On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 09:44:45PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> George Chavdarov rearranged electrons thusly:
> > question is how can i make copy of messages that one user from local network
> > sends to anyone to other email account
> > example all mail that user boss@domain sends to be copyed to sec@domain
> > filters do not help as describet in FAQ
>  Set this up in your alias file
>  boss        theboss, sec
>  and run 'newaliases'.
>  This way, your sec(retary) gets to read all the boss' mails as well.
>  To prevent mail from looping (boss@domain getting forwarded to boss, and which
>  again gets forwarded to boss@domain ... etc) I suppose you might want to have
>  the boss's local account named something different from what his mail id is.

I think it's meant to be for *sent* email, rather than received email.
And as far as I know, exim doesn't use 'newaliases' at all (although
I suppose you configure it to use the generated dbm files if
you *really* wanted to).

Michael.