Re: [Exim] Security Considerations (AUTH + shadow)

Author: David Harrigan
To: exim-users
CC: Christi Alice Scarborough
Subject: Re: [Exim] Security Considerations (AUTH + shadow)
Hiya,

After reading all the wonderful comments I get the idea (esp. after
Christi's comments).

cp the shadow file to a new file
give it the owner/group of mail
remove all permissions except for read
use this file for lookups

How does that sound?

David Harrigan
KMP Internet
Regent House, Heaton Lane
Stockport, Cheshire. SK4 1BS
Phone: +44 (0) 161 429 6590 Fax: +44 (0) 161 476 0370
http://www.kmpinternet.com

PGP Key and ID: http://patience.mcc.ac.uk