Re: [Exim] Security Considerations (AUTH + shadow)

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Lukasz Grochal
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Security Considerations (AUTH + shadow)
lgrochal@??? said:
> Still - this is not the way, I believe. I'd rather use PAM to do the
> authentication.

PAM doesn't help - it has no more privileges to read shadow than any
other process or library. [Actually some implementations have a setuid
shadow password checker, *but* they only work for checking the password
of the user associated with the calling UID).

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]