Re: [Exim] TLS, AUTH and relaying (testing TLS support)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] TLS, AUTH and relaying (testing TLS support)
On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Overall this is a really hard problem....

Indeed. The current syntax is not up to coping with all the different
kinds of test that have arisen since Exim was conceived.

> How on earth we can extend the configuration to sanely allow any
> combination of these without coming up with a scheme thats harder to
> read and understand than a sendmail.cf file is rather difficult :-(

Well, we could go for a programming language....

  host_accept_relay = if (tls and authenticated) or
                         (authenticated and in "10.9.9.8:.....") or
                         in "192.168.4.0/24 : friendly.host"

One would have to find an efficient way of parsing this, and an
efficient way of actually running the tests. Some kind of use of bit
patterns suggests itself (to do set-like operations).

I have put this on my list of long-term "big upheaval" ideas. The list
is getting rather long. Maybe after I've got the next major release out
I should work on making it into something presentable for comment. It is
certainly my intention to produce a "white paper" before committing to
doing any of these big changes.